Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chair Redo Part 2

Remember this chair? Well I have a total of 4 chairs which means 3 more redo's to try. Here is part 2. This time I started by spray painting the whole chair white satin. I wanted something totally different than the first redo. Next I recovered the cushion in a yellow chevron pattern. I love the yellow and white together.
The next part was a little tricky. I have made pillow covers before but not for a long time. I figured it would take me maybe an hour at the most. I was wrong.

Here is my inspiration for the pillow.
I wanted a ruffled pillow with the chevron back. Then I thought it would be fun to add flowers along the top of the pillow. And finally I wanted to add ribbon ties on the side that will attach the pillow to the chair.

Here are my hang ups. I didn't cut the pillow cover correctly. It was too big for my pillow. But the white was too small, hence the yellow. I found a tutorial on the flowers but they aren't exactly what I wanted. Other than that I think the idea is really cute. I will probably redo the pillow cover (maybe) but I looks really cute in my living room for now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the band of yellow at the bottom! Cute chair, nice job:)